The SettleNow ("we", "us", “the App”, “the application” and "SettleNow") means the SettleNow platform , which is owned and managed by Leo Technologies Ltd ("we", "us", “the App”, and "SettleNow"), a DIFC registered company (license number CL3160). SettleNow provides a digital platform through which the Service Providers (“Merchants”) can send out contactless payment request to its Clients ( “users”) and enables a smooth transaction between them. SettleNow itself has no role in the execution or provision of Services/Products. SettleNow acknowledges and accepts the need and requirement to keep its Customers’ (Merchants’ and Users’) personal information safe and secure.
You, hereby agree that by assessing the platform and/or providing personal information to SettleNow, you acknowledge having read the Policy thoroughly and give consent to the use, store and/or sharing of your information in accordance with this Policy as amended or updated from time to time.
If you provide personal information on behalf of someone else when you create an account, you warrant that you have obtained the authorization from that person to provide such personal information on his/her behalf and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless SettleNow from any claim that such person may have. If your account is registered by someone else on your behalf and by using (or continuing to use) the App through your account, you are deemed to have agreed to the terms of this Policy.
Information that we may collect from you:
1. Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Platform, including information provided at the time of registering to use our Platform and other co-registrations (e.g. social media logins), subscribing to our Services, posting material or requesting further services;
2. Information obtained from your social networking profile, if you log-in via a social networking site.
3. Information you provide when you enter a competition or promotion via our Platform, provide reviews, testimonials or feedback on our Platform;
4. Information you provide us, or that we may collect from you, when you report a problem with our Platform;
5. A record of correspondence if you contact us;
6. General, aggregated, demographic and non-personal Information;
7. If you download or use our mobile application, we may have access to details about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device;
8. Details of transactions you may carry out through our Platform;
9. Details of payment and billing for transactions (all Credit card details will directly be sent to payment processor and will not be stored by SettleNow)
10. Details about your computer, including but not limited to your IP address, operating system and browser type, as well as information about your general internet usage (e.g. by using technology that stores information on or gains access to your device, such as cookies, tracking pixels, web beacons, etc., (together, “Cookies”));
11. Your email address from a third party if you indicate that you have consented to that third party sharing your Information with us; and
12. Any other Information we consider necessary to enhance your experience on the Platform.
How do we use your information?
We may use Information in the following ways:
1. to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
2. to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results and other personalized content;
3. to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and another entity using our Platform or between you and us;
4. to ensure that content from our Platform is presented in the most effective manner for you and the device you use to access our Platform;
5. to notify you about changes to our Services;
6. for any other reason which we deem necessary to enhance your experience of the Platform;
Who do we share information with?
1. To any affiliate, subsidiary or partner of SettleNow; our technology, marketing and logistics service providers; credit card and payment processing companies; lawyers, auditors, professional advisors and investors of SettleNow; or any other agents, service providers or subcontractors acting for or on behalf of SettleNow, to the extent required to carry out the purposes set out in ‘How do we use your information?’ Section above, or to do anything at your request;
2. Where you expressly consent to such disclosure;
3. Where such disclosure is required or permitted by applicable law, statute, stock exchange regulation or by-law, regulatory or governmental order or court order;
4. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, customer information may be part of the transferred assets.
From time to time, we may collaborate with other third parties to organize joint marketing and promotional campaigns, offers or contests, and may require disclosure of your information to such third parties. In some cases, you may not be able to enjoy the promotion, offer or participate in the contest, unless you consent to disclosure of your information to our partner. You agree that we may transfer your information to our affiliates, subsidiaries and/or other third parties for the above-mentioned initiatives, as long as the information is handled in accordance with this Policy and all applicable laws.
Information provided by you will be retained by SettleNow as long as the purpose for which information was collected continues and as per the internal policy and applicable laws. Thereafter, SettleNow will destroy or delete the information, or remove the means by which the information can be associated with you, unless its retention is required to satisfy legal, regulatory, accounting or other business requirements or to protect SettleNow’s interests.
Links to other sites
SettleNow may provide links to other sites ("Linked Sites”) which may be of relevance to you. SettleNow doesn’t represent these sites and or companies and has no control over their Privacy Policies. If you are visiting a site via a link on the App,
1. You hereby waive any claim against us with respect to the Linked Sites
In order to get the most out of our service and to allow us to provide you with tailored offers, we need to process your approximate location from time to time. The types of location information that will be processed are your latitude, longitude, cell tower ID, etc. Your location information will only be processed for as long as necessary in order for us to respond to your request for tailored offers. After this, the information will be deleted. The location information may be transferred to our Merchants for the purpose of providing you with the best offers at that time to match your preferences. You can choose not to allow us to process your approximate location at the time you connect to the App, or any time after that either by changing the settings on your mobile device or by contacting us using the contact details at the end of this Policy. Please note that if you choose not to allow us to process your location information, we will not have enough information in order to provide you with the full benefit of our service.
A Cookie is a small information string our server writes to your device’s internal drive that contains your unique user ID for the App. Cookies help us to identify new and returning users, analyze click-stream information, and track historical activity on the App, which allows SettleNow to give you a more personalized, useful experience. Cookies may be placed by SettleNow, by a third party that provides services to SettleNow, or a company with which SettleNow has an agreement.
Marketing to you
We may process your personal information to contact you via email, telephone, SMS or other methods of communication to provide you with information regarding our services that may be of interest to you. We may send information to you regarding our services, online surveys; confirmed transactions; newsletter; upcoming promotions that may be of interest to you, using the contact details that you have provided to us and always in compliance with applicable law. Additionally, we may allow our Merchants, and if you consent by opting-in to receive such information and offers, other carefully selected third parties, to send you information directly which you may find useful regarding their products and services.
Our selected third parties with which SettleNow has an agreement may implement Tracking Methods. Tracking Methods may be used to geographically target advertising, conduct online behavior studies and improve the effectiveness and quality of our online advertising. Google Analytics may be enabled to collect information about your traffic via the DoubleClick cookie in addition to information collected through the standard Google Analytics implementation.
Some of the advertisements you see on the App are selected and delivered by third parties, such as ad networks, advertising agencies, advertisers, and audience segment providers. These third parties may collect information about you and your online activities, either on the App or on other websites, through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies in an effort to understand your interests and deliver to you advertisements that are tailored to your interests. Please remember that we do not have access to, or control over, the information these third parties may collect. The information practices of these third parties are not covered by this Policy.
SettleNow understands the importance of information privacy and is committed to protecting your personally identifiable information that you provide through the App. The App is protected with a variety of security measures such as change control procedures and physical access controls (and passwords, as applicable). SettleNow also implements other control mechanisms in an effort to help protect personally identifiable information that you provide from being lost, misused or altered inappropriately.
The App supports 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to transmit certain information (e.g., credit/debit card information provided by the user and identification numbers provided by the user). SSL is a transport level technology for authentication and information encryption between a web server and a web browser. SSL sends information over the “socket”, which is a secure channel at the connection layer.
However, we cannot guarantee there will not be a breach, unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of your personal information. SettleNow does not warrant or guarantee in any way that your personal information or private communications will always remain private and/or safe. SettleNow hereby disclaims any responsibility or liability directly or indirectly arising out of or in connection with, any loss, theft, or unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar actions with regard to any personal information held or maintained by us, except to the extent caused by our fault or negligence.
If you have any comments, questions or concerns about any of the information in this Policy, or any other issues relating to the processing of your information carried out by us, or on our behalf, please contact: